Each quarter CPC Strategy ranks the best comparison shopping engines (CSEs) according to their merchant tools, merchant support standards, average conversions, traffic, CPC cost per sale, and revenue to help online retailers decide where to focus their CSE marketing budget. These sites are also great on the consumer side to find cheap deals online.
1. Google Product Search (Free) – Free to list, catalogs expire every 31 days and they accept manual or bulk uploads via FTP. The best shopping engine overall.
2. NexTag (CPC) – Comparison shopping portal that allows users to search products, financial services, travel, autos, real estate listings and more. Gives merchants an efficient sales channel that generates targeted traffic based on a performance based pricing model. CPC based pricing. Accepts bulk uploads. The best paid shopping engine.
3. PriceGrabber (CPC) – Allows users to obtain free and unbiased information about products, services, merchants and sellers before actually buying. Matches up merchants with potential buyers via an easy-to-use comparison shopping interface and submits merchant listings to Yahoo Shopping. Available in English or Spanish, including specialized product searches for retailers in Mexico and Brazil. Offers both CPC based pricing and online storefronts for merchants (revenue share with storefronts only). Supports bulk catalog data feed uploads via FTP.
4. Amazon Product Ads (CPC) – Marketing portal that allows merchants to list products on Amazon from an external website. Great for retailers not on the marketplace but can be used by marketplace sellers too. Has some of the best conversion rates.
5. Shopzilla (CPC) – Comparison shopping service that allows shoppers to easily find, compare, and buy products for sale through online merchants. Allows merchants to list product catalogs within Shopzilla and to be displayed across numerous related shopping affiliates including Bizrate. CPC based pricing model. Ability to accept bulk data feed uploads via FTP.
6. Bing Shopping (Free) – Allows users to list items, products, and catalogs across relevant Microsoft services including MSN Shopping. Free to list catalogs, items expire every 30 days and they accept manual or bulk uploads via FTP or Microsoft will download merchant feeds from a unique URL.
7. Shopping.com (CPC) – Owned by eBay (which recently acquired GSI commerce), a comparison shopping engine that allows users to list their catalogs along with thousands of other trusted merchants to be distributed within the Shopping.com networks. Offers shoppers easy-to-use tools, time saving navigation and product reviews from ePinions so they can better find, compare, and buy whatever they are shopping for. CPC based pricing.
8. Become.com (CPC) – Shopping comparison and product research engine. Allows users to compare items and research products from a variety of online retailers. Accepts data feed files, FTP uploads and regularly crawls the Web for new shopping related pages and to identify changes to existing pages. CPC based pricing with free setup. Also uses crawler for merchant discovery and updates.
9. TheFind.com (Free) – Comparison shopping search engine that lists products by brand, stores, and styles. Asks users to submit the URL of their store homepage and allow bot access to the product pages that you wish to be crawled and indexed. Free to list, free to sign up and use. Crawler keeps items active and updated so merchants don’t have to worry about re-submitting.
10. Pronto.com (CPC) – Allows consumers to find and compare products and other attributes within a shopping engine environment. Enables merchants to post catalogs and sell products through an intelligent distribution system. CPC based pricing across several popular shopping categories. Accepts bulk product feed transmissions via FTP. Includes comprehensive management and reporting tools.