* Build quality links to your site pages from other well ranked sites on your target search engine.
* Make sure you provide quality content that have something unique to offer and that have keywords or key phrases people might search to find your site.
* Optimize you web site pages by making sure your top keywords appear in your title, meta tags and content.
* If you sell products, give something away free (The word “free” is one of the top most searched words on the internet).
* Keep a track of your listings/ranking in the top 10 search engines and analyze it periodically. Some tips on this:
* Indexed Pages: To know which pages on your site are listed in the search engine and to see how they will appear to searchers type site:www.yourdomainname.extn in the search box, You might need to use host: instead for some of the search engines.
* Link Popularity: To keep a track of sites that link to you (and also see their page rank), type link:www.yourdomainname.extn in the search box,You might need to use url: instead for some of the search engines.